Serve as a Group (COMMUNITY or ADRN VOLUNTEER)
If you would like to serve ADRN as a group opportunity, we welcome both ADRN member groups and non-ADRN member groups. Non-ADRN member groups (Community Volunteer groups) are welcome to serve at ADRN on selected activities at Headquarters and in the disaster field. Minors are welcome (age range is dependent on type of service activity) and all minors must be supervised by an adult chaperone.
Assembling Survivor Kits and Buckets
ADRN provides pre-assembled hygiene kits, care kits, and clean-up buckets to disaster survivors in the immediate aftermath of a disaster. These items help the survivor start the long process of returning to normalcy and may be the first sign of hope that recovery is possible.
The hygiene kits provide basic hygiene items (toothbrush, comb, soap, washcloth, etc) that will assist the survivor with their hygiene care for a couple of days. The care kits provide survivors with hygiene items and some more basic comfort items (pillow, blanket, etc). The clean-up buckets contain products used to clean up after a disaster (gloves, scrub brushes, soap and cleaning solutions, masks, trash bags, etc).
Volunteers 10 years and up are welcome to participate. We request a 1 adult : 2 minor ratio when volunteering in this role.
Sign up for an upcoming opportunity here.
Survivor supplies and donations are stored in our warehouse at ADRN. We are in regular need of volunteers to help out with donation support both before and during a disaster.
Volunteer days and times available: Monday through Friday between 9 AM to 4 PM. Regular monthly volunteers are needed to help with these various duties:
- Facility clean-up and donation management
- Warehouse - lifting, moving, and storing inventory (may be lifting more than 30 lbs)
- Admin - general clerical
- Inventory Valuation
- Transporting items to various locations in and around Austin
Send an email of interest to email@example.com
If you aren’t afraid to get dirty, join us after a disaster to help with clean up, debris removal, and muck out.
Sign up for opportunities here as they become available during a disaster.
Thrift Store Support
The Hope Family Thrift Store was created to provide financial support to the Austin Disaster Relief Network providing a clean, organized distribution center for disaster survivors to receive free clothing, shoes, and goods and offer gently used quality merchandise at affordable prices to the local community.
Volunteers 7 years and up are welcome to participate. We request a 1 adult : 2 minor ratio when volunteering in this role.
Volunteer Days and times available: Monday through Saturday for a 2-hour shift or longer between 10:15 AM and 5:45 PM. Weekly volunteers needed to help with the following:
- Sorting merchandise
- Helping receive donations
- Assisting with furniture loading and unloading
Click here for more information.
Serve on an Incident Management Team (ADRN VOLUNTEER ONLY)
Join our dynamic group of committed Volunteers who would like to use their gifts of leadership and administration to help ADRN lead volunteers in the field! ADRN is developing teams of servant leaders who will work together to distribute the leadership load in the planning and response phases of deployments. If you would like to use your gifts while assisting survivors of disasters, please consider joining with other servant leaders, and become a member of our IMTs. Send us an email of interest at firstname.lastname@example.org
Serve on one of our ADRN Support Teams (ADRN VOLUNTEER ONLY)
Shepherding Support Team - OUR #1 PRIORITY TO FILL
Bring hope into crisis, and show the love of Jesus by serving on the Shepherd Support Team! As part of the equipped, empowered and mobilized Network of churches, you can help us with the heart of our mission - stepping out to help families affected by disaster with basic needs and prayer. Learn how you can support families of disaster through our Shepherd Program.
Training Support Team
Help us equip the Network of Churches with spiritual, preparedness and response trainings! We include simulations in our key trainings, including I AM Ready Basic Training and Orientation, CISM, Call Center and CERT. Teams are needed to help in logistics, hospitality, administration, and A/V assistance. Easy on-the-job task training, a path to serve right away, and 2-hour shifts appeal to many volunteers. Send an email of interest to email@example.com
Creative Media Team
ARE YOU CREATIVE?
Do you have a passion for sharing stories of God's faithfulness through your giftings in photography, videography, editing, graphic design, or writing? If you answered yes, you're a great fit for ADRN's Creative Media Team (CMT).
We're also seeking CMT Volunteers to support ADRN's marketing and communications team with ongoing projects, including:
- Capturing and documenting survivor or volunteer stories
- Creating video or taking pictures o deployments
- Creating graphics to promote trainings and events
If you're skilled in photography, videography, editing, graphic design or copywriting, we would love to hear from you!
Simply fill out the CMT Interest Form, and we'll be in touch soon!
If you have any questions, contact our Creative Media Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Headquarter Support Team
Empower ADRN to run at its best! As disaster sizes and frequency are increasing, we are growing leaps and bounds and looking for many skilled volunteers with experience in a variety of departments and task types. We need support on a weekly and monthly basis both before and during a disaster.
Call Center Support Team
Provide survivor care and vital resources at ADRN Headquarters in the Call Center or on a virtual call line (as needed) to monitor and answer calls from disaster survivors that need information, someone to talk to, prayer, and/or sponsorship by one of the churches on our network. Send an email of interest to email@example.com.
The Call Center is at the center of all disaster responses for ADRN and any calls coming to ADRN. It is the first point of contact for any incoming calls. In the middle of a crisis, ADRN’s Call Center may receive up to 500 calls per day from disaster survivors that need information, someone to talk to, receive prayer, and/or be sponsored by a Shepherd from one of the churches on our network. The Call Center also becomes an important place to collect vital resource information such as available supplies, donations, businesses offering their services, and volunteers asking how they can help.
Call Center Trained volunteers and administrative support assistance is needed both during major disasters and outside of disaster response on a day-to-day basis.
- Administrative Support Assistance - can help out with various tasks. Including but not limited to, copying, distributing, and answering questions.
- Call Center Trained Volunteers - answering incoming phone calls from survivors, volunteers, and people wanting to donate to Hope Family Thrift Store, HFTS, ADRN, and survivors. There are also calls asking for directions to ADRN and calls for other ADRN staff to be transferred.
Donor Ministries Support Team
Business Development Volunteers
- Volunteers will be doing computer administration and research for event planning and business development.
- General clerical, data entry, documentation formatting, calling or follow-up calling, event hospitality,
- WHEN: During the work week or on weekends and evenings
- LOCATION: In the comfort of your own home or at ADRN headquarters
Thank You Letter Writers
- Volunteers write and mail thank you letters to supportive donors from the comfort of their own home. No need to pick up supplies because they will be dropped off at your home for you!
Please send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Technology Support Team
The IT department oversees the establishment, installation, and maintenance of computer network systems and services within our organization. During blue skies or during a disaster the IT team is constantly working on ensuring secure operation within every department.
- Creation of reports, charts & pivot tables in Google Sheets
- Data cleanup
- Regression testing of Volunteer Portal after updates
- General IT support
- Network installation/configuration, cable running access point/camera setup
Send an email of interest to ADRN.IT.Leadership@adrntx.org
Front Office Support Team
Front Desk Greeter
Our front desk volunteers are the first face that someone sees when they walk through our door and the last face they see before they leave. We are looking for volunteers to help weekly on Mon, Wed and Fri, 3-5pm as well as other times.
- Welcome guests and ADRN staff members with a warm and hospitable heart
- Ensuring that everyone who enters into the building signs in and out
- Helping guests to the correct department upon arrival
(Takes place at the end of each month from 9 AM to 5 PM, dates vary)
- Labeling and filling envelopes
- Volunteer arrival and departure times are flexible between 9 AM to 5 PM
Send an email of interest to email@example.com
Field Operations Support Team
The Field Operations Department is responsible for ensuring ADRN is deployment ready in terms of both supplies and volunteer leadership, and then leading/managing ADRN's deployment activities during times of disaster response.
Administrative Support Volunteer
The Field Operations Department has a need for a support volunteer that can commit to 4 hours per week on a regular basis to assist with:
- General administrative duties
- Response inventory tracking
- Response inventory readiness
Send an email of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org