Legacy Planning is an important part of managing your resources as a Godly steward. A legacy plan starts with “today” and extends beyond your lifetime as your resources bring hope into crisis and connect survivors with the love of Jesus through His local church. Person by person, your plans make an eternal difference.
Wills and Bequests
Your greatest gift is often your legacy gift, yet over 40% of families have no estate planning documents in place.
Will you prayerfully consider including Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN) in your Will or Trust? Rest assured that God has put a plan in place that will use your gift to meet our ministry needs that will arise in the future. Your faithfulness in making these plans is deeply appreciated, and we pray it will be a part of your legacy.
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. As you create or update your will, trust, retirement plan, or life insurance, you can specify that a gift goes to ADRN.
Benefits of a Bequest
- A bequest gift can lower your taxable estate.
- Based on your net worth, you may reduce the burden of taxes on your family.
- Leave an eternal impact by leaving a lasting legacy gift to ADRN.
Charitable Gift Annuity
Many people have a heart to give to ministry, but they need income today. This giving option can provide you or a loved one with a secure source of fixed income payments for life.
Benefits of a Charitable Gift Annuity
- Receive fixed income payments for yourself or another annuitant for life.
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for the charitable gift portion of the annuity.
- Further the ministry of ADRN for years to come.
Your Charitable Trust gift to ADRN makes it possible to support the ministry, lower your current taxes, and still receive income.
Benefits of a Charitable Trust
- Receive income for life or term of years.
- Avoid capital gains on the sale of your appreciated assets.
- Receive an immediate charitable income tax deduction for the charitable portion of the trust.
- Establish a future legacy gift to ADRN.
Stocks or Mutual Funds
God often blesses us with unique assets to steward for His glory. By donating these assets to ADRN, you may be able to take advantage of tax benefits. If you own appreciated stocks or mutual funds, this may be the best way to give charitably.
Benefits of Stocks or Mutual Funds
Avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of long-term appreciated stocks in most cases.
Receive a charitable income tax deduction in most cases.
Help further the work of ADRN immediately.
IRA Charitable Rollovers
RAs are taxed when withdrawn or passed to the next generation. Our Planned Giving Team can help you reduce these taxes.
You may be looking for a way to make a big difference to sustain or maybe even expand ADRN’s mission. If you are 701/2 years or older, an IRA Charitable Rollover is an excellent way to partner with ADRN.
Benefits of IRA Charitable Rollovers
- You can transfer up to $100,000 each year from your IRA to ADRN and potentially lower your taxable income.
- Help further the work and mission of ADRN.
Do you have a vehicle with plenty of value left but you’re not sure what to do with it? Consider donating it to further ADRN’s ministry. ADRN can benefit from gifts of cars, boats, and recreational vehicles.
Benefits of Donating a Vehicle
- You may receive an income tax deduction.
- Proceeds from the sale of your vehicle will help further the work and mission of ADRN.
Business Interest or Sale
Many friends of ADRN are successful business owners committed to using what God has entrusted to them for furthering disaster relief ministry. ADRN can help business owners use their businesses to fulfill that passion.
Benefits of Business Gifts
Receive an income tax deduction, generally for the fair market value of your gifted interest.
Lower your taxable income.
Real Estate Gifts
Donating appreciated real estate, such as a home, vacation property, undeveloped land, farmland, ranch, or commercial property can allow you to give more than you ever imagined.
Benefits of Gifting Real Estate
- In most cases, avoid paying capital gains tax on the sale of the real estate.
- In most cases, receive a charitable income tax deduction for the fair market value of the gifted asset.
- Help further the work and mission of ADRN.
Have a Question?
How to Reach Us
512-428-6322 ext. 131
Mon-Fri: 9am – 5pm CST
Tax ID Number: 26-4789907
Donor Ministries Department
Austin Disaster Relief Network
Attn: Planned Giving
1122 E. 51st Street
Austin, TX 78723