August 14, 2018
Austin, TX – Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN) continues to assist individuals (mostly students) impacted by the San Marcos Fires affecting over 100 units (approx. 200 people) and taking five lives on July 20th. ADRN continues to provide hope in the midst of recovery and meet the needs of those seeking assistance.
To date, ADRN and our network of churches have responsed:
- 88 survivors (mostly college students) provided with Emotional and Spiritual care, given emergency financial assistance, prayed with and offered to be connected to a local church to walk with them (sponsored)
- 47 survivors initially requested sponsorship
- A gathering of Pastors was held at Promiseland, San Marcos on July 25 and pastors along with their churches united to respond to the need
- 2 Shepherd trainings were held in San Marcos
- 32 survivors have been matched with a shepherd, most of which are from that area but some from other parts of Greater Austin. 2 survivors await to be shepherded (some of the initial 47 no longer have need)
ADRN has distributed $17,600 in gift cards to help meet the emergency needs of these survivors; Approximately $5,500 has been raised for our General Relief fund since the fire. If you would like to give into this relief effort to help cover what has already been distributed as well as future needs of these students, you can donate to this relief effort by clicking on the button below.