VOLUNTEERS NEEDED for Port Arthur Deployment. Sign Up Below to Help.
Join us as we deploy to offer assistance to survivors in Port Arthur. Deployment dates are Friday, October 20th thru Sunday, October 22nd. Austin Disaster Relief Network is in need of 75 volunteers.
Together, we met the needs of Hurricane Harvey survivors when over 13,000 Port Arthur residents attended the Love Port Arthur Mission Day on September 30th. Those physically unable to go through the process or those without transportation to the site are still in need of our assistance. ADRN volunteers will be going back Friday through Sunday, October 20-22, to reach these people with love and assistance. Will you join us to serve Texans in need?
MEALS: Provided (but bring your own snacks)
WHAT TO WEAR: Your Love Port Arthur shirt if you have one, or your yellow shirt if you don't; Comfortable clothes with closed-toe shoes
Volunteer to Help with Next Steps
Love Port Arthur Mission Day Overview (Sept 30, 2017)
Words cannot express our gratitude for the time and talents to all of those that sowed into this amazing day! Thank you a million times over! We have heard nothing short of amazing testimonies from the survivors of Port Arthur. Many felt incredibly loved and touched by God through all who came to volunteer.
STAT OVERVIEW FROM SEPT 30th
- 1,000 volunteers | 20,500 volunteer hours
- Nearly 200 churches represented
- Nearly 200 volunteers with Laptops to collect vital survivor data
- 200 Volunteers went door to door to visit nearly 10,000 homes
- Assisted over 13,800 survivors
- Over 4,400 families were registered and completed a Survivor Intake form for long-term recovery assistance
- Nearly $500,000 in gift cards given away
- Thousands provided emotional/spiritual care
- Thousands of bibles given away along with nearly every family prayed for
- 7 semi's worth of disaster supplies, goods and clothes were given away (168 pallets)
- Over 12,000 meals served
- Hundreds of children played in the play area/bounce house area as their parents received needed emotional/spiritual and physical needs assistance
"That they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me." John 17:21 (NKJV)
DETAILS ABOUT PORT ARTHUR
- Population is 55,000+
- They estimate 80-85% of the community has been affected
- 500+ Survivors live in Tent Cities (in the parking lot of the Civic Center)
- 1,059 Homes still need to be mucked-out
- 69 Families are living in homes that have not been mucked-out
- 124 Families have no transportation (destroyed cars) and work full-time
- Many have limited income
- The Mayor of Port Arthur and local pastors have personally extended an invitation to the Austin Disaster Relief Network, to Greater Austin Churches and the City of Austin to help