Welcome to I AM Ready™ Basic Training & Orientation
This course is for anyone who wants to become an official ADRN badged volunteer. By becoming a badged Volunteer, you will represent ADRN’s Network of Greater Austin Churches to provide physical, emotional and spiritual aid to families or individuals impacted by crisis or disaster. All ADRN volunteers are required to sign our Statement of Faith in order to become an official badged volunteer. Volunteers who do not want to sign ADRN’s Statement of Faith can still volunteer as a Community Volunteer. Click here for community volunteer opportunities.
By joining ADRN's Network of Greater Austin Churches, you will be invited to:
- Advance through our special training program pathways
- Work directly with survivors through various volunteer opportunities
- Deploy with ADRN wearing our official ADRN Yellow T-Shirt and Badge recognized as an official identification during deployment
- Receive a Photo ID Badge and Credentialing recognizable by local governments and agencies
- A platform to deploy quickly and effectively to bring relief to the hurting
- Receive Emergency Broadcast System communications to warn and activate you in times of emergency through mass text, voicemail and email
- A training pathway to equip you emotionally, spiritually and physically, including Nationally Certified Courses
- Access to a database that tracks your progress in training and preparedness
- Invitations to participate in various ADRN Events, including Disaster Simulations, and our Annual Training Conference.
- Personal and Family Preparedness Training Opportunities
Every new volunteer who wants to join the ADRN network is required to take this 2.5hr class to give you an introduction to ADRN and the training we provide, a volunteer roadmap for training and service, badging/credentials, how emergency response works in Greater Austin, individual/family preparedness and Prayer Hotline training as a base training for response. Every volunteer who completes this course will receive an ADRN yellow badge, become an official ADRN volunteer and certified to join the ADRN Prayer Hotline Team.
NEW! Prayer Hotline Training: We are so excited about this addition to our orientation. It's an opportunity to be His "Good Samaritan," to the people of greater Austin, simply by befriending and loving, comforting and supporting, and praying for those who have lost their peace and need hope. Will you be a listening ear and an open heart, one who brings hope back into someone's life?