VOLUNTEERS JOINING THE NETWORK
Thank you for your interest in the Austin Disaster Relief Network. ADRN is a network of churches with volunteers who are active members in a local church and have agreed to the Statement of Faith. For volunteers who may not agree with these terms, there are other options available to get involved (see below).
Alternative Volunteer Opportunities
For those individuals who do not agree to the Statement of Faith, but would like to volunteer with ADRN, there are various ways to get involved.
TRAIN WITH ADRN
The following trainings are available to anyone: CERT, CISM, First Aid/CPR, Preparedness Peace, Ham Radio training, and ADRN Spiritual Training classes. Certification of course completion will be given to anyone that completes a certified course. ADRN Yellow T-Shirt and Badge will be available only to volunteers who complete online volunteer registration, agree to the Statement of Faith and complete an ADRN 3Hr Orientation and Preparedness course. (Volunteers with a sex offender offense on their record or convicted of any crimes against minors will not be able to receive an ADRN badge or an official ADRN yellow t-shirt).
SERVE IN TIMES OF DISASTER WITH RED CROSS
Central Texas Red Cross is an alternate option for service to the community during disaster http://www.redcross.org/tx/
As an ADRN Volunteer, you can expect to receive the following:
- A platform to deploy quickly and effectively to bring relief to the hurting
- A Photo ID Badge and Credentialing recognizable by local governments and agencies
- Invitations to participate in various ADRN Events, including Disaster Drills, and our Annual Training Conference.
- Personal and Family Preparedness Training Opportunities
- A training pathway to equip you emotionally, spiritually and physically, including Nationally Certified Courses
- Access to a database that tracks your progress in training and preparedness
- Emergency Broadcast System communication to warn and activate ADRN volunteers in times of emergency through mass text, voicemail and email
- Updates of valuable preparedness information via our monthly E-Newsletter
- Opportunity to connect and mobilize with a united Body of Christ
For more information about joining the network, please email Sharon Collier at email@example.com.