HOW WE HELP
Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is comprised of over 190 Greater Austin churches, dozens of local businesses, and thousands of trained volunteers bringing hope into crisis. We prepare, train and equip our network of volunteers in advance to meet the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of those impacted. Our primary goal is to sponsor families affected by disaster through our Disaster Relief Shepherd Program, walking with survivors through recovery until they are back on their feet and in a clean and safe home. ADRN funds the rebuilding/repair of homes and provides emergency financial support to survivors in need.
ADRN responds to small and large disasters within our community and beyond, and collaborates with the City of Austin, Travis and Hays County Office of Emergency Management, as well as other state agencies as needed. To date, ADRN has responded to 11 major disasters (impacting 1,000+ individuals directly) and 19 other disasters since its inception in 2009. Since its founding, ADRN has also provided physical, emotional and/or spiritual assistance to more than 42,000 survivors and distributed more than $15M in funds to relief efforts.
OUR RESPONSE (updated August 2019)
In August 2017, ADRN responded to the needs of those impacted by Hurricane Harvey, one of the costliest and most devastating hurricanes to hit the Texas coast. The outpouring of love and support by ATX-based churches, volunteers and businesses was overwhelming. Here is how we’ve been able to continue serving those impacted by Hurricane Harvey, thanks to your support.
- ADRN is responding to one of the largest responses in our history.
- $10.5M donated in disaster aid
- Rebuilt/repaired 100 houses in the Beaumont, Port Arthur and Rockport areas, and plan to begin rebuilding/repairing 60 more this year
- 21,500+ survivors assisted
- 200+ Semi's worth of goods shipped to over 32 cities
- 20,000 in-bound/out-bound calls experienced through our Call Center
- 6,700+ volunteers responded, contributing 100K+ hours in time
- $53,000+ in clothing, linens and goods donated to 2,500+ survivors by Hope Family Thrift Store
- $1M+ in funding from local businesses received/distributed
- 150+ flights carrying 200+ pounds of critical supplies delivered to stranded survivors
- 11,000 Care Kits distributed
- ADRN deployed to LaGrange, September 11th-16th, 2017 to meet the needs of survivors impacted providing emotional and spiritual care, gift cards for emergency financial relief and additional long-term support services.
- ADRN deployed to Port Arthur on September 30th, 2017 with over 1,000 volunteers for Love Port Arthur I and in October 2017, for Love Port Arthur II, assisting 4,700 families and 16,800 survivors
ADRN continues to provide financial assistance to Hurricane Harvey survivors. Donations are still needed to help with the repair/rebuild of 60 more homes in 2019. (DONATE HERE)
DONATE TO HELP
DONATE BY MAIL
ADRN, P.O. Box 15424, Austin, Texas 78761
AMAZON SMILES Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Austin Disaster Relief Network. Shop or ship items from our Wish List to help ADRN serve thousands of survivors.
The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund has been setup up through the Austin Community Foundation by the Austin Disaster Relief Network to provide for the immediate and long-term physical needs of families impacted by Hurricane Harvey. GIVE NOW
PRESSRELEASE_ADRN_PflugervilleMayor_090617 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_TITOS_090117 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_PLANEDELIVERSSUPPLIES_090117
ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017 Mayor Adler Declaration_083017 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_HurricaneHarvey_HowToHelp_083017 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_HurricaneHarvey_SurvivorDrive2_082917 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_08302017HurricaneHarvey_Response_082817 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017HurricaneHarvey_Deployment_082717 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017HurricaneHarvey_InitialResponse_082617