TRAINING AND EVENTS CALENDAR
- This event has passed.
DRS (Disaster Relief Shepherd) Training – On Demand
August 13 @ 6:00 PM - 9:00 PMFree
DRS (Disaster Relief Shepherd) Training
On Demand – August 13, 2020, 6:00PM – 9:00PM
Training is FREE!
Finish this training – sponsor a family!
DRS (Disaster Relief Shepherd) Training – Course Time 3 hours: The Disaster Relief Shepherd (DRS) is one of the most important leadership positions that a volunteer can fulfill within their church in times of disaster. The DRS role is to to walk along-side a family, that has potentially lost everything, who needs a Good Samaritan to walk with them through the process of recovery, until their feet are back on the ground. This training will equip ‘shepherds’ with the skills, knowledge, and plan to provide immediate and long-term assistance, that enables the survivor to re-establish a viable lifestyle. This position does not require that the shepherd make any personal financial investment or invite surviving families into their home. This training is FREE. A Background Check is required to become a shepherd. Finish this training and requirements and shepherd a family!
HOW TO SIGN UP FOR THIS CLASS:
PHASE I – Prerequisites
1. Go to www.adrnvolunteer.org to View My Profile.
If you have trouble logging in, email email@example.com. Please make sure your contact information on the Profile Tab is current. Be sure to click the Save & Submit button if you make changes.
2. Go to Agree Tab in your profile page to make sure your Confidentiality Agreement, Statement of Faith and ADRN Ethics Agreement are all signed, and make sure you have selected “agree” for your Background Check. This will take you to a new page to complete a Background Check if you have not completed a Background Check for ADRN in the last 36 months.
PHASE II – Register for Training
1. Register for training. Login to adrnvolunteer.org and click Register for Training.
1a. Click the On Site/Live Trainings Tab and select Disaster Relief Shepherd Training by clicking the Shopping Cart icon.
1b. Click the link at the top of the page to complete your registration.
2. Click on Site Home, then View My Profile, then On Demand to view your training. (The Zoom Meeting link will be placed in this tab on the day of training.)
3. Please download or print out all following DRS Training Documents prior to the start of this Zoom meeting.
- DRS Training (PowerPoint)
- DRS Training Handout
- DRS Commitment
Locate the course by date. Roll over the course to view course times, location and cost. Click the course listed and follow instructions to register online. Login to register …be sure to check our Training Specials for discount pricing!
Note: Most courses listed require volunteers to login. Login access is provided to our volunteers after completion of ADRN’s Orientation and Preparedness course. Online registration and payment for classes in advance can prevent an additional $25 administrative fee added to payments received at the door.
If you need additional information on training, registration or applying for scholarships, please write to Sharon Collier, Training Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.