TRAINING AND EVENTS CALENDAR
- This event has passed.
Disaster Relief Shepherd Training
July 21, 2020 @ 6:30 PM - 9:30 PMFree
Live Online Zoom Meeting
DRS (Disaster Relief Shepherd) Training Course Time 3.5 hours: The Disaster Relief Shepherd (DRS) is one of the most important leadership positions in ADRN that a volunteer can fulfill within their church in times of disaster. The DRS role is to to walk along-side a family, that has potentially lost everything, who needs a Good Samaritan to walk with them through the process of recovery, until their feet are back on the ground. This training will equip shepherds with the skills, knowledge, and plan to provide immediate and long-term assistance, that enables the survivor to re-establish a viable lifestyle. This position does not require that the shepherd make any personal financial investment or invite surviving families into their home.
How to Register for Training:>> Register Here
1. Click the Register Here button above and click on the New Volunteer Application under New Users.
In the Agree Tab, make sure you check the boxes next to all of the following:
Statement of Faith
Consent to Release Background Check Info You will actually submit your background check in a future step.
2. Complete contact information on the Basic Info Tab and click the Save & Submit button at the top of the page.
3. Set up your username and password on the Profile Tab
4. To complete your Background Check go back to https://adrnvolunteer.org and login to your newly-created account using your username and password. Select View My Profile and click Agree and Start Background Check on the Agree Tab. (This should take around 15 minutes to complete.)
5. Sign the Confidentiality Agreement on the Agree Tab.
6. Click the red Site Home button at the top of the webpage, then click Register for Training.
6a. Click the On Site/Live Trainings Tab and select Disaster Relief Shepherd Training by clicking the Shopping Cart icon.
6b. Click the Checkout button at the top of the page to complete your registration. A link to the Live Zoom meeting will be emailed to you on the day of training.
(We will use the email address you set up in your User Profile under the Basic Info Tab.)
Locate the course by date. Roll over the course to view course times, location and cost. Click the course listed and login to the ADRN Volunteer Portal to register for training.
Note: Most courses listed require volunteers to login. Login access is provided to our volunteers after completion of ADRN’s I AM™ Basic Training & Orientation.
If you need additional information on training, registration or applying for scholarships, please contact our Training Department firstname.lastname@example.org.