RESPONSE OVERVIEW: WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Even though the ice and snow from Winter Storm Uri melted weeks ago, hundreds of Central Texas residents struggle to recover from the damage left behind. Here are a few ways our network of churches continues to bring hope into this crisis today and in the weeks to come:
- Plumbers are on hand to help residents with water and pipe issues through the Crisis Cleanup Hotline.
- Network churches continue to deploy Crisis Cleanups teams until all the needs are met.
- Emergency assistance in the form of housing, gift cards for food and gas, clothing, and other supplies are being distributed to those in urgent need.
- Survivor Intake Centers will open (next dates TBA) for those needing long-term assistance. Trained volunteers will offer emotional, physical, and spiritual support to all who come for help.
- Shepherds will be assigned to survivors with long-term needs to walk with them until they can return to safe and clean homes.
- Resources needed for home repairs and other issues will be distributed to survivors according to individual needs as they are assessed.
DONATE TO HELP
When you give where it matters most, into ADRN's General Fund, you equip ADRN with the resources needed to help us stay on the front lines of disaster. Your gift enables us to prepare, train, and deploy volunteers while funding the resources needed to fulfill our mission to meet the emotional, spiritual, and physical needs of those affected by disaster!
Your gift today will help ADRN bring hope to families impacted by the Winter Storm of 2021, particularly those whose homes have been damaged or destroyed by bursting pipes, fires caused by space heaters, and other weather-related events. Help us meet the immediate and long-term needs of those impacted with your gift today!
Crisis Cleanup Teams and General Volunteers
ADRN and Non-ADRN Volunteers
ADRN-badged volunteers and non-ADRN-badged volunteers are needed to assist in mucking-out flooded homes and clearing debris. Volunteer as an individual or with a group by completing the registration form below. Volunteers will be notified of assignments after the form has been processed. Click here for more details >
Plumbers Needed to Assist Survivors
Winter Storm Uri has impacted between 4,000-5,000 individuals/families in Greater Austin along with over 400 apartment complexes that experienced busted pipes.
If you are a plumber and would like to volunteer to assist residents in the greater Austin area with broken pipe repair, click the button below.
Partner with Us in Disaster
Businesses, corporations, foundations, and other organizations interested in supporting our Winter Storm 2021 response with financial support, in-kind gifts, or other resources should complete the Business Intake Form. A member of our Business Development Team will follow up with you as soon as possible. Thank you for your support!