HOW WE HELP
Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is comprised of over 185 Greater Austin churches and thousands of trained volunteers bringing hope into crisis. We prepare, train and equip our network of volunteers in advance to meet the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of those impacted. Our primary goal is to sponsor families affected by disaster through our Disaster Relief Shepherd Program, walking with survivors through recovery until they are back on their feet and in a clean and safe home. ADRN funds the rebuilding/repair of homes and provides emergency financial support to survivors in need.
ADRN responds to small and large disasters within our community and collaborates with the City of Austin, Travis and Hays County Office of Emergency Management, as well as other state agencies. To date, in 2018 ADRN has responded to 65 small incidents. Since 2009, Austin Disaster Relief Network has deployed to 18 major disasters assisting over 41,000 survivors and given away over $15 million in disaster aid/funds.
OUR RESPONSE (updated March 2019)
- ADRN is responding to one of the largest responses in our history.
- 21,500+ Survivors Assisted
- 200+ Semi's Worth of goods shipped to over 32 cities (4,500+ pallets/11,000 Welcome Kits)
- $11MM given away in disaster aid and funds
- Call Center Experienced Over 20,000 In-Bound/Out-Bound
- Managed and coordinated 6,700+ volunteers serving over 98,000 hours
- ADRN's Hope Family Thrift Store gave away over $45,000 of clothing and shoes to 2,400+ survivors impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- ADRN partnered with general aviation companies like Charlie Bravo Aviation, Shepherd Aviation, and Sky Hope to distribute critical supplies out to areas not accessible by vehicles.
- ADRN worked with churches on the network to collect survivors supplies and distribute supplies to the Georgetown airport to transport goods by truck, plane or trailers.
- ADRN deployed to LaGrange, September 11th-16th, to meet the needs of survivors impacted providing emotional and spiritual care, gift cards for emergency financial relief and additional long-term support services.
- ADRN deployed to Port Arthur on Sept. 30th with over 1,000 volunteers for Love Port Arthur I and in October 2017, for Love Port Arthur II, assisting 4,700 families and 16,800 survivors
- Financial assistance is being provided to meet the immediate needs of survivors.
- Monetary donations are still needed to help repair/rebuild 158+ homes by the end of 2019 (DONATE HERE)
DONATE TO HELP
DONATE BY MAIL
ADRN, P.O. Box 15424, Austin, Texas 78761
AMAZON SMILES Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Austin Disaster Relief Network. Shop or ship items from our Wish List to help ADRN serve thousands of survivors.
The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund has been setup up through the Austin Community Foundation by the Austin Disaster Relief Network to provide for the immediate and long-term physical needs of families impacted by Hurricane Harvey. GIVE NOW
PRESSRELEASE_ADRN_PflugervilleMayor_090617 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_TITOS_090117 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_PLANEDELIVERSSUPPLIES_090117
ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017 Mayor Adler Declaration_083017 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_HurricaneHarvey_HowToHelp_083017 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_HurricaneHarvey_SurvivorDrive2_082917 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_08302017HurricaneHarvey_Response_082817 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017HurricaneHarvey_Deployment_082717 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017HurricaneHarvey_InitialResponse_082617