DONATE SURVIVOR ITEMS
ADRN is anticipating the need for many items in the days ahead to help meet immediate needs of thousands of survivors impacted by Hurricane Harvey along with delivering disaster supplies to the affected areas. If you would like to donate items, see below for items needed. Hope Family Thrift Store will be receiving items Monday - Saturday from 10AM-5PM at the receiving dock (Closed on Sunday).
NEEDED ITEMS INCLUDE:
- New undergarments
(all sizes, children and adult)
- New socks (all sizes, children and adult)
- Toiletries (ie: shampoo, facewash, soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes, etc.)
- New bed pillows
- New blankets
- Cleanup supplies
- Black trash bags
- Mops and buckets
- Utility knives
- Leather work gloves
- Inflatable mattresses
- Hand sanitizer
- Box fans
- Baby Bottles
- Baby Formula
- Baby Diapers
LOCATION: Hope Family Thrift Store, 1122 E 51st Street, Austin, Texas 78723
DROP-OFF HOURS: Monday - Saturday, 10 AM - 5 PM, Back Receiving Dock
DONATE TO HELP
DONATE BY MAIL
ADRN, PO Box 3817, Cedar Park, TX 78630
TEXT 'AUSTINRELIEF' to 444999
AMAZON SMILES Amazon will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Austin Disaster Relief Network. Shop or ship items from our Wish List to help ADRN serve thousands of survivors.
The Hurricane Harvey Relief Fund has been setup up through the Austin Community Foundation by the Austin Disaster Relief Network to provide for the immediate and long-term physical needs of families impacted by Hurricane Harvey. GIVE NOW
Anyone from the community is welcome to sign up as a Community Volunteer. If you are a business, corporation, group or organization you can sign up in the areas of clean-up, thrift store, and warehousing to help ADRN serve in a time of great need in all areas. When you click below, you can select what areas of services you would like to volunteer and we will connect you with the opportunities as they become available.
If you are an ADRN Badged Volunteer and would like to help, please sign up in the areas of Call Center, Warehouse/Donations, and Meals Preparation for Volunteers at Headquarters. More opportunities and details will be posted as they become available.
HOW WE HELP
Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization, is comprised of over 175 Greater Austin churches and thousands of trained volunteers bringing hope into crisis. We prepare, train and equip our network of volunteers in advance to meet the emotional, physical, and spiritual needs of those impacted. Our primary goal is to sponsor families affected by disaster through our Disaster Relief Shepherd Program, walking with survivors through recovery until they are back on their feet and in a clean and safe home. ADRN funds the rebuilding/repair of homes and provides emergency financial support to survivors in need.
ADRN responds to small and large disasters within our community and collaborates with the City of Austin, Travis and Hays County Office of Emergency Management, as well as other state agencies. To date, in 2017 ADRN has responded to 85 small incidents. Since 2009, Austin Disaster Relief Network has deployed to 16 major disasters assisting over 19,000 survivors and given away over 4.5 million dollars.
ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017 Mayor Adler Declaration_083017 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_HurricaneHarvey_HowToHelp_083017 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_HurricaneHarvey_SurvivorDrive2_082917 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_08302017HurricaneHarvey_Response_082817 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017HurricaneHarvey_Deployment_082717 ADRN_PRESSRELEASE_2017HurricaneHarvey_InitialResponse_082617
HOW WE ARE RESPONDING...
- ADRN is responding to one of the largest responses in our history.
- ADRN is actively deploying Emotional and Spiritual Care teams to local shelters to provide support to hundreds of survivors impacted by Hurricane Harvey.
- Financial assistance is being provided to meet the immediate needs of survivors. ADRN volunteers assisted families from Rockport with disabilities as they shopped for emergency items at local stores. Supplies donated through our Survivor Supply Drive are being distributed to families and children within local shelters and will continue through the upcoming weeks as thousands arrive to find refuge. Trucks are being sent to Houston with loads of supplies being collected at our warehouse locations frequently.
- ADRN's Call Center (512.806.0800) has fielded over 4,000 calls providing information and resources to individuals and families impacted by Hurricane Harvey, along with volunteer engagement, and donor management.
- ADRN has provided Central Texas Red Cross volunteers to provide help within opened shelters.
- ADRN has 10 designated churches that can become shelters in the event that the City of Austin/Travis County leadership needs additional shelters or current shelters in operation have to close due to the nature of what they do.
- ADRN’s Hope Family Thrift Store is receiving supplies through the Survivor Supply Drive to be shipped to Hurricane Harvey impacted areas (items listed at the top of the page).
- Survivor Welcome Kits and Clean Up Kits are needed (https://adrn.org/disaster-relief/survivordonationkits/)
- Additional warehouse locations are being updated as they open to receive donated items in large quantities. Items will be sorted and loaded on trucks, partnering with several companies within Austin, to deliver survivor supplies to areas impacted by need.