Situation: On the evening of Sunday 2/19/2017, a line of severe thunderstorms with high winds caused damage across parts of Southeast and North East Austin. At this point two areas of impact are known to be effected. Austin Disaster Relief Network deployed their Disaster Assessment teams on Monday 2/20/2017 and Tuesday 2/21/2017 to survey damages and devise a plan for response. Emotional and Spiritual Care teams deployed to Mustang Ridge/Thrall areas on Wednesday 2/22/2017 and Thursday 2/23/2017 to meet the needs of survivors, going door-to-door to offer emergency financial support in the form of gift cards and offer sponsorship through ADRN’s Disaster Relief Shepherd Program.
As of Thursday at 5PM, Austin Disaster Relief Network teams have completed the field operation portion of this response and are moving from the Response phase of this incident to the Recovery phase.
Full Central Texas Storm 2017 Report:
- 4 Days of Operations (Monday 2/20/2017 through Thursday 2/23/2017)
- Approximately 28 ADRN Volunteers Involved in the Deployment
- Total of 42 Address Visited
- 23 Families Visited (Emotional and Spiritual Care were provided)
- 8 Families requested sponsorship through ADRN’s Disaster Relief Shepherd Program,
assisting families through rebuild/repair phase of recovery
- $2,000 in Gift Cards distributed along with Hope Family Thrift Store wrist bands,
allowing families the opportunity to shop the store for necessary items
- ADRN Teams operated in 3 counties: Williamson, Travis and Hays
Deployments are no-longer active.
GIVE TO AID FAMILIES
Help families affected by the recent storms through out Central Texas.
1) Text ‘AUSTINRELIEF’ to 444999
2) Click here to give online >>
3) Mail: ADRN, P.O. Box 15424, Austin, Texas 78761 (*Note: CTX Storm 2017)
1) Call Center & Survivor Hotline: 512.806.0800
NEWS UPDATES (Press Releases)
Follow News on Facebook