Training Pathway: Emotional Response
Critical Incident Stress Management (CISM+) with Spiritual Enhancement
Beginning September 2018 a three-year CISM certification renewal program was activated. We request that all volunteers review and assess their current CISM status and make necessary adjustments in order to meet the new standards of ADRN certification. You will need to apply for and clear a new background check and update certification requirements stated below.
We realize, that as professionals, many ADRN Volunteers use CISM skills in their home, workplace, church and community, which keeps their skills fresh and ready to respond at any given time. However, if you find you your certification is expired at a time when you would like to deploy with us, no problem. You can still respond, in a support administrative role, in times of deployment until you do re-certify. But if you want to deploy as a CISM responder we encourage you to re-certify now when it's easy, fast and at your fingertips.
The best time to get prepared is before disaster strikes! For your convenience you can do all the steps right here today! Once you complete all the steps below your Past Training Profile tab will be updated automatically. You will not receive a new badge unless you have also completed another training that is not currently on your badge.
Refreshing your training today will keep you prepared, confident and ready to respond. Thank you again for your heart to be prepared and ready to serve. If you have any questions please email email@example.com.
- Complete a New Background Check
- Sign Confidentiality Agreement Form
- Sign a New ADRN Statement of Faith
- IS-100 Training (Required for Certification) If you do not already have IS-100 in your Training Profile you need it to re-certify.
- Watch this CISM Refresher Video
- Take this CISM Refresher Test
Each volunteer needs to complete 80% or better to pass. A retake test is an option if you do not receive a score of 80%.
- By expiration date shown on your training profile
- Then every 3 years thereafter
- To be refreshed, prepared and trained with the most current information
- To maintain credibility with National CISM Program
- To maintain credibility with local agencies and authorities
- To receive updated CISM status in your training profile
Need Support? Have Questions before Registering?
Connect with our CISM Trainers and Leadership if you need support, have questions or concerns before registering for an upcoming training. Click the link below and a team member will connect with you soon.