This page is under construction. Thank you for your patience while we make improvements.
Great LA Flood 2016 Response
Austin Disaster Relief Network (ADRN), a network of more than 170 greater Austin churches, supported flood survivors in Denham Springs, Louisiana, a town just east of Baton Rouge where 87% of homes sustained flood damage for nearly three weeks.
ADRN Efforts Included:
• Clean up support
• Spiritual and emotional care
• More than $60,000 in gift cards
• Distributed more than 32 pallets of clothing, food, toiletries, air mattresses, box fans and clean-up supplies to survivors, including donated supplies from Austinites
• Collaboration with Denham Springs city and community leaders to establish the Denham Springs Long-Term Recovery Committee, establishing the infrastructure for the City to raise funds and organize city-wide rebuilding efforts.
• Coordinated Christian Aid Ministries to rebuild/repair homes
• Facilitated meeting of local pastors to discuss church collaboration to support residents throughout recovery and partnership with local officials
NEWS UPDATES (Press Releases)
Flooded areas are receiving assistance through several local agencies. Austin Disaster Relief Network deployed and has been on the ground and in the field within 24 hours to provide disaster relief and meet the immediate emergency needs of survivors.