Dear ADRN Family,
I want to cover two areas in regards to the Coronavirus:
- What the Lord may be saying to us as His Church
- ADRN’s response to the Coronavirus
What is the Lord saying to us as His Church?
In Mark 4:35-41, the Bible tells us that Jesus was asleep in a boat with the disciples as waves were crashing upon the boat, beginning to fill the boat with water, perhaps even threatening the lives of the disciples. It was at that moment that the disciples woke Jesus from His sleep saying, “Teacher, do You not care that we are perishing?” Jesus then arose and rebuked the wind and declared, “Peace be still!” and the wind ceased and there was a great calm. But He then said to His disciples, “Why are you so fearful? How is it that you have no faith?”
So, why did the disciples say, “Do You not care that WE are perishing” vs. “Jesus, wake up! You are the Christ who makes all things possible. Will You command these waves to cease?” What made them change their view of Jesus? When they said “we,” it included Jesus, meaning You too are going to die. This tells us the disciples allowed the storm to overwhelm them and create unbelief in their hearts. They had their eyes on the storm vs. Jesus. They had forgotten that He was the Christ in the midst of the trial and that all things are possible in Christ. Because of this, Jesus tells them they have NO faith. In James 1:6-8, James says, “But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for he who doubts is like a wave of the sea driven and tossed by the wind. For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways.”
Ouch! It’s times like these, today, that we must remember the words of Christ and the Apostle James. This story shows us that our life is filled with storms and they are real. They can also be terrifying to our flesh, especially if we allow our thoughts to become consumed with thoughts of doom vs. thoughts of who He is and what He can do. We must remember that FAITH is not a feeling. I cannot promise you that you will FEEL good during the current trial with the Coronavirus, the stock market crashing and so many other uncertainties in the world. But we MUST choose to take captive every thought that comes against who God is and His word and place our TRUST in Him, His promises and our legal rights as Christians. Daniel, in the lion’s den, likely endured 8 solid hours or more in front of lions. It wasn’t just a few minutes. I’m sure it did not FEEL good to Daniel’s flesh to stare into the eyes of several lions. Most likely, he had to take captive negative thoughts of being eaten alive, dying a horrible death and CHOOSE to keep His eyes on the Lord and His promises in order to walk in peace. Here is what the Word of God promises us if we keep our eyes on the Lord:
“You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.” Isaiah 26:3
ADRN’s Response to the Coronavirus
Here are some next steps that we would encourage you to take, as our culture is a culture of READINESS – the Lord has asked us to be ready at all times so we can help those around us in need:
- Join us in prayer. We must always add to every bad report we hear on the TV and radio, “BUT GOD!” Anytime you add “God” to a situation, everything becomes possible. Remember that Austin was supposed to have received 20″ of rain when Hurricane Harvey was barreling up from the Gulf. BUT GOD stopped the storm because Christians stood in prayer for 80 hrs straight. We ended up receiving only 6″ of rain, sparing thousands of families from severe flooding. My encouragement to you is to protect yourself from going into a “watch and wait” mode and instead, go into a “PRAY NOW” mode. And, as you pray in faith, pray like King Jehoshaphat did in 2 Chronicles 20:14-30, when Israel was surrounded by the enemy which was several times larger than their own army. Listen how this man of God prayed!
- Join us online or LIVE for “Walking in the Spirit in Times of Disaster.” This is a perfect class to take to understand how to walk with God in times of crisis, especially when you are experiencing life challenges, you’re struggling to hear His voice, and/or you have no peace. Click here to register.
- Join us for CISM Training, beginning this evening. When crisis strikes, people around you may be experiencing the affects of trauma and need emotional and spiritual care to help them come back to a place of peace. ADRN’s CISM training is one of the best trainings we can give to the Body of Christ to provide emotional and spiritual care to someone impacted by crisis. For more info and to register, click here. It’s not too late to register.
- Prepare your family through “Preparedness Peace.” Every year, ADRN hosts several Preparedness Peace classes to help Christians prepare for times of crisis. Our heart is to make sure your family has the necessary food, water, goods, supplies, and more to help yourselves and other families when disaster strikes. If you have interest in attending a Preparedness Peace class at our headquarters and/or you’d like to purchase your own Preparedness Peace DVD and manual, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your healthcare provider, local public and national health authorities are all potential sources of information on COVID-19.
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is closely monitoring the COVID-19 outbreak. Situation status reports, general information and a “What You Should Know” section in connection with COVID-19 are available on the CDC website at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html.
- The World Health Organization (WHO) is tracking the virus spread and virulence of the virus. WHO is also providing advice to countries and individuals on protection-related health measures and prevention. WHO’s COVID-19 section can be found at https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019.
- Austin’s health authority, Austin Public Health, has created a flyer and decal on good hygiene that organizations and businesses can use to help prevent the spread of the flu and COVID-19. These materials are located at http://austintexas.gov/article/austin-public-health-general-hygiene-education-material-available-print.
God bless you,
Founder and Executive Director, ADRN